And here’s what Economy Decoded- ED could make of it:
1. China’s GDP is twice that of India
2. China grew at 7.7% in 2012, while India at 5.3%
What goes against India in becoming a winner against China:
1. Corruption, extremely poor governance, suffocating political and bureaucratic attitude
2. Outdated policies, laws and ways of functioning
3. Snail speed judicial systemLack of basic amenities like electricity, water, sanitation pan-India
4. Poor public infrastructure be it roads, rails, buildings, metros
5. A lot of Indian youth is unskilled or working as peddlers or not at all
What goes against China:
1. Autocratic regime
3. Mass manufacturing capability
4. Lesser transparent legal system
So on whom are you placing your bets in this Super Power race? India or China?
Views presented in the article are those of the author and not of ED.