- He has spoken to a number of private firms to take an initiative for investments.
- He also said that public sectors are encouraged to take up investment policies.
- He has asked Asian countries who are part of G-20 nations to cooperate in strengthening the position of Asian Development Bank.
- Cabinet Committee on Investment has been set up to fast track large projects involving the investment of more than 1000 crore.
- Setting up of Land Acquisition Bill and new urea investment policy.
- He also aims at having more stable and justified tax system.
- Steps will be taken to ensure more Foreign Investment because it is one of the main source to meet the current fiscal deficit.
- He is aware of the currency war that might start due to aggressive policies of Japan to devalue its currency. In his opinion, other countries should not indulge in the war as it might affect all other economies.
- Last but not the least, welfare programmes will be laid down to meet the grievances of the poor and needy in a responsible manner.
Views presented in the article are those of the author and not of ED.