By Shivangi Handa
SHAADI, WEDDING, VIVAH!! The season starts again with a bang. Be it the clothes or the make-up or the jewellery… Everything has to be perfect. So here’s what you can do to look smashing on your D-Day!
The way your look catches the eyes of everyone. If you are the bride you are supposed to be the center of attraction! So choose your apparel wisely.
- Go for traditional shades for your wedding day. They make every Indian girl look ravishing!
- Go for deep necks and cut sleeves as this is the day for which you dream.
- Don’t go over the top with the jewellery. Keep it at least 2cm away from your neckline, so that both the outfit and the jewellery can be distinguished.
- If your jewellery is heavy keep the work of your blouse light and vice-a-verse.
- For other functions such as sangeet, mehndi, engagement; try different colors in fashion. Go out for blues, oranges, florescent and yellows.
- Keep your jewellery light and real for pre wedding functions!
- Try to half-tie your hair or simply let it open.
- If you’re short go for puffs as it makes you look tall.
- Try wearing an anarkali for your engagement, a sharara or a Punjabi suit for your mehndi/sangeet and a lehanga/saree for the wedding day.
- Try and keep your chura simple and traditional. Don’t go for very shimmery bangles! And yes, wear a lot of kaleeras!!!
- The makeup… This is the only aspect of a wedding which can make you a princess and if it is over the top, it can be a disaster! So be careful! Do not blindly follow your parlor mate. Before the D-Day ,you yourself try some makeup combinations and decide the ones which go well with your attire.
- If you have a wheatish complexion go for dark liners and smudgy eye shadows.
- Red lipstick doesn’t suit every complexion and every face cut. So, if red is not the one that suits you, go for medium or dark browns.
And now for the grooms!
Wear a sherwani only for your wedding day. Carefully choose the color of the sherwani. Go for happening colors such as blue, orange and the like only if they suit you. If not, choose a mix of light badge and maroon color or shades of browns.
- Don’t go overboard with the embroidery on your sherwanis.
- Groom yourself well for the functions. Try different shave cuts for different functions. A two day stubble works well for most guys. If you are really fair, do not go for a clean shave as you don’t want to steal the limelight away from the bride
- People hardly pay attention to the JAIMALA function. If you want a beautiful wedding picture, make sure your outfit is color-coordinated with your bride’s and ask your parents to match the jaimala with your outfit!! And yes guys… don’t go for purple orchids with badge/brown sherwani! This can never make you look handsome in a wedding frame!So now groom up, get the final tries of your outfits done and enjoy the new turn of your life! Make this day a memory! Think before you buy! And yes… keep in mind the dos and don’ts!
Have a ravishing, colorful, and “picture perfect” wedding!!! All the best!!!
Views presented in the article are those of the author and not of ED.