2015, you have been such a sweetheart. You just came and you are leaving already.
In 2015, the Internet put on its best show, till date. Be it showing solidarity, expressing opinions or just trolling every other popular face.
2015 also brought upon mankind some clouds of misery. ISIS spread its devil wings everywhere. The City of Love fell and rose again. The world united.
USA gave us Donald Trump who could work part-time as a comedian *hoots*.
Chetan Bhagat was well…. Chetan Bhagat and the list could just go on and on.
Keeping all seriousness, glumness and bloodshed aside, here’s a compilation of 10 things that went VIRAL in 2015 and we lost our minds:
1. ‘Hotline Bling’ video just came of nowhere and had us like
2. Drake’s dance made us miss our uncles who make Indian baraats a lively place to be and would have been an equal competition to this sizzling lad. Drake, we love you but yu ain’t got the right groove, my dawg.
3. As America celebrated equality and freedom of love, the Kardarshain clan presented to the world, Caitlyn Jenner. She, now, stands as the face of transgenders all around the world. Her confidence empowers everyone around. In case you were wondering, things can be viral for the right reason too.
4. Zayn Malik left One Direction and the teensy little 13 year olds went berserk. Just like *poooooooofffff*. Magic. He was gone. One day he was there, then gone. Sad year it was for Directioners indeed, especially after the recently announced hiatus by the boy band.
5. Dressgate! Was it blue or black and blue or white and golden? Do you know? I don’t think I’ll ever be able to figure out the rocket science behind this dress that had the world at its heels this past February. No doubt it made it to the viral-est shit of 2015.
6. #MyChoice. Yes, Deepika’s #MyChoice video. This video was supposed to be about feminism and about empowering women and what not, but contrary to all expectations, it garnered more hate than the positivity it should have spread. By the way, the word’s Deepika spoke were #NotHerChoice.
7. Derek Shepherd died. He just died. Never would a GA fan would have thought they’d see a day like S6E23-24, but S11 completely turned the tables and the Internet lost its shit. McDreamy, the Knight in Shining Armour, died and I just stopped watching GA ever after.
8. Lisa Kudrow AKA Phoebe Buffay dropped by a Taylor Swift concert and sang ‘Smelly Cat’. Yes, my heart stopped beating. I had goosebumps seeing those two ladies warbling to the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. classic song. THAT could have been the best day of my life had I been present there. But I wasn’t.
9. Miley Cyrus dropped a new album, ‘Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz’ and no one gave a flying shit. Literally, no one. And now she is touring, singing to their dead souls.
10. Amazing amazing movie trailers came out, continuously making us curse our broke life. ‘Batman vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice’, ‘Suicide Squad’, ‘Captain America: Civil Wars’, ‘ Star Wars: the Force Awakens’, and ‘X-men Apocalypse’. The list goes on while I try not to shed those real tears.
11. But 2015 wasn’t all bright and shimmery. Cecil, the lion, was killed by an American dentist who had no qualms about his crime. Seems like 2015 lost a bit of humanity too!
Adios 2015. I can only hope that 2016 lives up to the bar that you set. A year to remember, you were.
PS: Adele said ‘Hello’
Views presented in the article are those of the author and not of ED.