Could Taj Mahal actually be a Shiva Temple? Shocked right?
Here are a few reasons why the speculation might be actually true!
1. The four marble pillars at the plinth corners and central domb are of Hindu style. They are used as lamp towers during the night and as watch towers during the day.
2. We were taught in school that 20,000 labourers are supposed to have worked for 22 years during Shahjahan’s reign in building the Taj Mahal, had this been true, there should have been atleast the design papers in Shahjahan’s court papers. There isn’t a scrap of paper supporting such kind of a building.
3. The Taj Mahal entrance face South. Had Taj been an Islamic building, it should have faced West.
4. The ending “Mahal” is never Muslim because none of the Muslim countries around the world from Afghanistan to Algeria have a building ending with “Mahal”.
5. The unusual explanation given to prove the above is that the name is derived from Mumtaz Mahal. It is illogical in two respects; firstly, her true name was Mumtaz-ul-Zamani and not Mumtaz Mahal and secondly, one cannot omit the first three letters “MUM” from a woman’s name to derive the remainder as the name of the building.
6. Also another thing we have been taught is that she is buried in the Taj Mahal. However, the truth is, she died in Bahranpur which is about 600 miles from Agra and her grave is intact there.
7. The Taj Mahal Dome bears a Lotus cap. Original Islamic domes have a bald top as is exemplified by the Pakistan embassy in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, and the domes in Islamabad.
8. Hindu temples are often built on river banks. The Taj is built on the banks of The Yamuna, an ideal location for a Shiva Temple.
9. The pitchers carved inside the upper border of the Marble Lattice plus those mounted on it show the number 108. 108 is a sacred number in the Hindu tradition. Also it has on its entrance the Vedic trident.
10. Last one. The Taj Mahal has identical entrance arches on all four sides. This is a typical Hindu building style known as Chaturmukhi, i.e. four-faced.
P.N. Oak has written a book on the topic but it is interesting to note that the book was banned. So is there anything that the Government is hiding? We are not allowed to go in the rooms, why? What are they hiding?
But alas! It’s only speculation. But what if it’s true? Stephen Knapp on his website gives numerous more reasons as to why the speculation could actually be true!
Disclaimer: There have been a lot of allegations on P.N.Oak on various theories put forward by him. I do not agree with any other theory he has put forward.
Views presented in the article are those of the author and not of ED.