Trash It, Trend It : Even though we all follow the news (I hope we do), sometimes we are not able to recollect an incident a few days after it has made the headlines. But no worries, I am going to summarize for you, all of this week’s major talking points, whether they are good (Trend It) or bad (Trash It).
- Garbine Muguruza won the Roland Garros trophy by defeating Serena Williams 7-5, 6-4. Looks like Serena is giving those newbies a taste of what winning a Grand Slam feels like
- Modi starts his 5-nation tour with a visit to Afghanistan. With his itinerary including Qatar, Switzerland, USA, and Mexico, our PM has really decided to enjoy this summer break!
- The then-17-year-old Mercedes driver who killed Sidharth Sharma will be tried as an adult. Poor kid. I mean, poor man.
- 24 people lost their lives when riots broke out in Mathura. Hema Malini really did not help the case when she posted pictures of her movie shoot on Twitter. That led to an online riot of its own.
- Mohammad Ali is no more. The legend, who floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee, has now taken his place among the stars.
- Bihar’s topper thinks that political science taught her cooking. I wish my teacher had made me believe that chemistry helped you play football. I would have topped in it too!
So that is it. Do tell me if I missed something.
Till then, have a great week guys. See you all next Sunday!
You might also like to read this:
Views presented in the article are those of the author and not of ED.